October 14, 2011

FAIR

Our school uses the Florida Assessments for Instruction in Reading (FAIR) to measure the progress of our students as they build their critical reading skills. We will assess each student at the beginning, middle, and end of the school year.


This will help me in monitoring your child's progress and help guide my whole group and small group instruction with them.  I am assessing their word reading and passage reading.  During the passage, I monitor their fluency (how slowly or quickly they read), accuracy, and comprehension.
Depending how they do in their word reading, I may be led to do other tasks with them to see which areas they could use more help with.

I have printed out a parent letter which will go home on Monday, October 17.  This will let you know how your child did.  I have also made some suggestions on activities you could work with them at home.

If you would like to discuss your child's progress further, please feel free to e-mail me or set up a conference time for us to discuss.

No comments:

Post a Comment